Wednesday 18 January 2012

One week to go!

Hi! 
In one week from today, I will be partaking in the journey of a lifetime. 7 months of adventure, fun, and experiences. Because I am going to be taking over the world for the next 7 months, I wanted to give my family and friends something to read about my travels. In other words, I am blogging in order for my mother to sleep better at night, ha! 

As far as I know my journey consists of leaving from Toronto and traveling to ..  Los Angeles, Fiji, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Japan, and then back to Toronto. I will be studying at RMIT University for about 4 months, and traveling for another 3 months. I have been to my share of islands and various forms of tropical paradise, but never have I ventured this far into the world.Everyones first question, Are you excited?!". Is it terrible that I am not... yet? Well I mean, I AM excited, but I have a many more things to check off on my to-do list before I depart next Wednesday. 

So, with one week left to go, I am going to make a new checklist .. all the things I want to do in the next 7 months:

Los Angeles:
- Go on a wine tasting tour
- Stay a night in Beverly Hills 
- Disney land?!
- Take a picture on Hollywood Blvd
- Hike the mountain up to the Hollywood sign

Fiji:
- Go into the local villages
- Get involved in Fijian ceremonies 
- RELAX
- Stay at Beachcombers resort one night 
- Snorkel

Australia: 
- Skydive 
- Surf!
- Touch the Great Barrier Reef
- AVOID SHARKS (that should be my number one)
- Try many new foods 
- Road trip down Great Ocean Road
- Make my way up the East Coast from Melb to Great Barrier Reef
- Go to Byron Bay 
- Go to an AFL game
- Go to the Australian Grand Prix 
- Hold a baby kangaroo, a joey! 

Thailand
- Ride an elephant 
- Get a massage on the beach 
- Go the "The Beach"
- Go to a new moon party

Thats all for now. Thats a pretty large bucket list for my first ten minutes of drafting! Maybe some of you will have some things to come up with for me. All I know is I have lots of postcards to send, and skyping is going to be much more difficult because I will never know what time it is anywhere!
Thank God for google. 

Till next time ..... 


No comments:

Post a Comment