Thursday 26 January 2012

Thank God for my family.

Hi!! 

I have had a few awesome days, and have been so busy I haven't been able to write. Last week was a week of checking things off my To-Do list. Moving day, change adresses, etc. Sunday night was my going away party and I was so happy to see all the faces! Brittany surprised me from Michigan, which made my day. And my momma came all the way as well just for a few hours, I loved it. ]

Monday, Brad had a "going away" steak dinner for us! We got there and didn't expect the 7 course meal he had prepared. Appetizers, salad, more appetizers, wine, champagne, steak, potatoes, garlic shrimpy, veggies, and crepes for dessert. So delicious, and so many laughs. 

Tuesday was moving day. We moved everything out of the manning house into storage. It was a long, tiresome day, but much needed. Tuesday night I repacked my bags, AGAIN, and set up a makeshift bed for our last night at 338 manning. 

Wednesday morning I woke up at 7:30 am in a great mood! The only sad part of this morning was saying goodbye to my baby son, (cat) Charles. :( mmmmm. After my little baby wining about me leaving, we took off for the airport. The airport was as per usual, Lines Lines and more Lines. Kenny's bag got searched because I accidentally left my ring in his bag, which happened to resemble brass knuckles, whoops! We started the morning right with airport ceasers, then almost missed out flight because of a ridiculous gate change. 6 hours later after uncomfortably sleeping and watching moneyball on the plane - we arrived in Los Angeles. My brother was there waiting for us, which was nice. All of our luggage came, Thank God, and we started our adventure through Santa Monica, Santa Barbara, South Los Angeles, Ventura. We drove along highway 101 which was mountains on one side and ocean on the other. Pictures would never do this scene justice... so breathtaking. 

Santa Barbara is my new dream home destination. Because of all the mountains, homes are built upwards. It seemed like a stadium, one street behind the other, but just a bit higher. Each street and house was on the mountain facing the ocean, it was the most incredible thing! 
Our drive .. ocean on the left, mountains on the right. 

We stopped for food at Jack in the Box. Two tacos fo 99 cents, WHAT?! The four of us spent only $16 and each had a plethora of food. Onion rings, tacos, burgers, curly fries. I of course had extra sour cream! heh. The portion sizes were insanely big. Only in Amuurrica. 

Anyway, we finally got to San Luis Obispo, such a lovely little town. We walked around and saw the downtown. It was so beautiful! We went shopping a little big, and then stumbled upon a Belgium frites spot, with Belgian fries and beer! Stupid me, left my ID at Tarik's so I didn't get to enjoy a lovely beer, but the fries were delicioso. After Belgian frites, Tarik showed us this alley called "gum alley". The entire alleyway was filled with people's gum stuck to it. So disgusting, but so cool to see. People stuck on receipts and pictures and everything onto the wall with gum. There were designs, and drawings made with gum! ... yuck. After that, we walked back to Tarik's place and crashed. An amazing 19 hour day that was, ha! 


The Gum wall! 

Today is Thursday - our plans are wine tasting, and going to the beach. Maybe nice dinner on the Morro Bay, then perhaps a pub crawl at night? The world is our oyster, so many options. Has to be an early one though, because tomorrow we are back off to Los Angeles for two days. 

Hasta Manana friends. 
Thank God for my family.  

Till Next Time .... 



1 comment:

  1. Love the posts so far babe annnnnnd the idea of stacking streets to a perfect ocean view! Annnd the gum wall nasty but cool lol. Glad you're having a good time!!!

    ReplyDelete